Special education programs provide children with disabilities a free appropriate public education that emphasizes special education and related services based on individual student needs.
To qualify for special education, students must have been evaluated in accordance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004, and have a disability such as the following:
If you know of a child suspected of having a disability, including those in private, parochial, or home schools, please contact Sara Sanders, 254-982-4304.
- speech or language impairment
- hearing impairment including deafness
- visual impairment including blindness
- orthopedic impairment
- traumatic head injury
- serious emotional disturbance
- intellectual disability
- other health impairment
- a specific learning disability
- multiple disabilities